Welcome to the Bioinformatics Facility
Our facility is part of the Institute for Integrative Genome Biology (IIGB) that operates a modern biotechnology hub consisting of core facilities for genomics, bioinformatics, proteomics, chemical genomics and advanced microscopy.
The bioinformatics facility provides access to high-performance
compute resources, data analysis and programming expertise. The resources serve scientists at UC Riverside to
master the informatics needs of their research in a proficient and cost-effective manner. The following services are offered:
- Development and maintenance of a high-performance informatics hardware and software infrastructure for our research community at UCR.
Instruction of hands-on tutorials and workshops on a wide variety of bioinformatic topics. Extensive manuals for these tutorials are available on our manual page.
Custom data analysis and consultation services for bioinformatics and cheminformatics projects. To schedule an appointment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establishment of research collaborations with experimental scientists from different departments.
Annual User Registration Fee
The annual registration fee of $1,000 gives all members of an UCR lab access to our high-performance compute infrastructure. The registration provides access to the following resources:
- Over 512 CPU cores, 250TB disk space, 16-512GB of memory/node, etc. More details are available on the compute hardware page.
- Over 500 software packages and all common research databases. More details are available on the software page.
- Free attendance of all our bioinformatics workshops
- Free consultation services (up to 1 hour per month).
Programming and Data Analysis Service for UCR Customers:
More detailed information about our service rates can be found here: Bioinformatics Core Recharging Rates [pdf]
- Rakesh Kaundal, Director, UCR Bioinformatics Facility, Ph: 951-827-7176
- Jordan Hayes, Systems Administrator, Ph: 951-905-5232
- Neerja Katiyar, Bioinformatics Data Analyst, Ph: 951-905-5232
- Viet Pham, Systems Administrator Assistant, Ph: 951-905-5232
1207 G/E Genomics Building
3401 Watkins Drive
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521